Thursday 11 May 2017

HAND - DRAWN DESIGN OF MAGAZINE



My front cover has a conventional layout. The masthead is located at the top and it is the largest font size on the page. The reason for this is because the audience will immediately look at the brand and recognise the magazine. The strap line will be positioned under the main image, also in large font to give the audience an idea of what the main feature will be about therefore it will appeal to them making them want to buy it. 

The contents page will be in two columns in which I will have an image of an artist in each one. This will appeal to my audience as they wouldn't just have texts to read. The use of two images is due to the fact that my magazine is aimed at both females and males, therefore by using an image of a female and male, I am able to guarantee an appeal to both audiences. The content that will be presented to the audience is conventional to my genre of Hip Hop as the features link to the genre.
Finally, my double page has been influenced by Rolling Stone. An image will be situated on the right page which will be related to the interview on the right. The interview will conventionally be split by the gutter- into three columns. This is done purposely to make the text easier to read. The title of the article will be the largest font on the page followed by the subheading as the audience will be able to get persuaded and continue reading it. I will make sure to add a pull quote somewhere to 'pull' the audience into the interview. 

No comments:

Post a Comment