Thursday 26 January 2017

MAGAZINE DRAFTS




This is my first front cover draft which I have completed. The masthead- DEZAE, has been conventionally located at the top. It is the largest font on the page due to the importance of it as it is the first thing the audience see along with the main image. The colour scheme of red and black is immediately evident as there is a red border around the front cover which has been inspired by Time Magazine. I have aimed my product at both males and females and have tried indicating it through the use of colours. The colour scheme suits well to its genre and has connotations of both masculinity and femininity. The cover lines are located on the sides of the magazine in a smaller font as they are not as important as the main cover line. The content I will be providing them with is appealing to my target audience who are teenagers as they are looking for all the gossip which is circulating celebrities and music. The bar-code is located in the bottom right corner along with the price and date which the audience will be able to find instantly. This is effective for them as they would know the price and how recent this product is. When improving my product I will ensure to remove the borders as it is NOT conventional to my music genre, I believe that they look tacky and cheap. Also, the use of font would need improving as it is all the same size and there is no emphasis on any word. To achieve this I will manipulate the use of fonts as well as sizes.


This is my draft for my double page spread. Similarly, the house style and colour scheme has remained the same as for the front cover. This was done to maintain professionalism and a neat finish. The text has been located on the left page and an image should have been on the right page. The main headline which is HUGO ALVAREZ, is in the largest Serif font. The reason for this is to attract the audience to the main topic. The subheading is giving the audience a sneak peak of what the interview will be about and a sans serif arial font has been used.When improving my product, I will ensure to change the arial font into a different sans serif as this is too basic.The language used is to try and earn their full attention and get them to read this exclusive interview. Conventionally, the lay out of my interview is in three columns just like in all real media products. This is an effective layout as the reader is not being put off by large texts. Also, the use of serif font for the body text is useful as it is easier to read.


This is my draft of my contents page.The heading is conventionally located at the top of the page to let the audience know what the page is. The house style and colour scheme is continuing from the previous 2 pages. The content page has the same red borders just like the front cover which I find unconventional for a Hip Hop magazine hence why I will remove when improving and creating my final product. I have included an editors note at the top so welcome my target audience and thank them for purchasing and taking their time to read my magazine. The page numbers and headings of the features are in larger serif font in comparison to the sub headings which are written in smaller serif fonts. Although there are no images in my drafts, I will include 2 to show the audience what other features and content I can provide them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment